Richard is an airline sales and marketing expert with a proven track record of developing long-term business relationships in a wide variety of markets in Europe, North America and Asia. Most recently, he created and delivered strategy for British Airways and Iberia in China that positioned both brands to exploit the fast growing demand for international travel from that market. Before his posting to Beijing, Richard was Head of UK & Ireland Sales & Marketing, based at British Airways' Heathrow HQ. He has sat on a number of boards including airlines, tour operators and Chambers of Commerce. After 27 years, Richard left British Airways in 2018 to pursue new opportunities while he is still young enough. In 2019, he launched Tailwind Advisory to offer consultancy services within the aviation and broader travel sectors and he also has a cultural intelligence (CQ) coaching practice to support senior executives relocating to work or managing global teams. Not surprisingly Richard's interests tend to revolve around the travel sphere and he also has a keen interest in music and wine. He has an Honours Degree in Law from the University of Cardiff and is a certified professional coach with the Institute of Leadership & Management.
- Cultural Intelligence 2.0 - Beyond The Basics
- Tuesday, November 19 • 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- The Aviation Hour Part 1: Interview with Randy J. Tinseth, VP Commercial Marketing, The Boeing Company
- Wednesday, November 20 • 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM
- The Aviation Hour Part 2: Industry Panel
- Wednesday, November 20 • 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM